About Compass Version 3
Compass™ is a modern mobile iOS and Android client for Horizon™ and Meridian™ OpenNMS® servers.
It provides a simple dashboard for viewing outage and alarm data, node details, graphs, and more.
New in Compass 3.1
New in Compass 3.0
OpenNMS Compass runs on iOS 8 or higher, and Android 4.1 or higher.
OpenNMS Compass supports the following OpenNMS server versions:
Some features are only available on newer Horizon or Meridian versions:
- Availability information and alarm acknowledge/clear/escalate are only available on Horizon 14.0.3 and Meridian 2015.1.0 or higher.
- Graph support is only available on Horizon 16 and Meridian 2016.1.0 or higher.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How much does it cost?
- A: OpenNMS Compass is free.
- Q: I'm getting 'permission denied' errors, what should I do?
- A: Some versions of OpenNMS are pickier about access and permissions than others. If your version of OpenNMS supports the "mobile" role, it is recommended that you add your user to that role in
Getting Help with OpenNMS Compass
There are a couple of ways to get help with OpenNMS Compass:
- The OpenNMS Compass Channel in OpenNMS Chat: A Slack-like chat server for the OpenNMS community.
- The OpenNMS Compass Mailing List: An e-mail discussion list for help with and discussion of OpenNMS Compass.
- The OpenNMS Issue Tracker: If you find a bug or have a feature request for future OpenNMS Compass releases, please report them to the Compass issue tracker.