About OpenNMS® Compass 3
OpenNMS Compass is a modern mobile iOS and Android client for OpenNMS® Horizon™ and OpenNMS® Meridian™ servers.
It provides a simple dashboard for viewing outage and alarm data, node details, graphs, and more.
New in Compass 3
OpenNMS Compass runs on iOS 8 or higher, and Android 4.1 or higher.
OpenNMS Compass supports the following OpenNMS server versions:
Some features are only available on newer OpenNMS® Horizon™ or OpenNMS® Meridian™ versions:
- Availability information and alarm acknowledge/clear/escalate are only available on Horizon™ 14.0.3 and Meridian™ 2015.1.0 or higher.
- Graph support is only available on Horizon™ 16 and Meridian™ 2016.1.0 or higher.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How much does it cost?
- A: OpenNMS Compass is free.
- Q: I'm getting 'permission denied' errors, what should I do?
- A: Some versions of OpenNMS are pickier about access and permissions than others. If your version of OpenNMS supports the "mobile" role, it is recommended that you add your user to that role in
Getting Help with OpenNMS Compass
There are a couple of ways to get help with OpenNMS Compass:
- The OpenNMS Compass Channel in OpenNMS Chat: A Slack-like chat server for the OpenNMS community.
- The OpenNMS Compass Mailing List: An e-mail discussion list for help with and discussion of OpenNMS Compass.
- The OpenNMS Issue Tracker: If you find a bug or have a feature request for future OpenNMS Compass releases, please report them to the Compass issue tracker.